Tuesday 27 October 2015

I realised that I've been mis-spelling Abbey's name all along

She also often wears a mask, but that doesn't make
for as interesting a picture
Okay. Time for me to talk about Abbey.

Um... actually, I don't have much to say about her, really. We've only worked together a few times, and it's really hard to get a read on her. She's quiet and elusive, and definitely likes it that way. I really don't know much about her beyond ‘human’ but there's a whole bunch of stuff that I've figured out or that I’ve heard from various other sources. Oh, and apparently Abbey is not her street name, but like Freddie, she hasn't had much luck in making something stick.

So let's look at the things we know and what that means for the team. The first thing is that Abbey is an awakened adept. However, she's not the typical 'run around screaming and leaping off stuff and punching people and making them explode' type that you often find in Runner circles. Rather, she's actually more about agility and stealth then anything else, and has a number of tricks that make hr really damned good at it.

I don't know all the ins and outs of how it works (magic's a little beyond me, I admit. I leave that to the magic types) but the gist of it is that she's about as fast and agile as I am. Actually, in terms of pure run speed she leaves me in the dust, and can match speed with many cars and bikes. Plus in addition she doesn't let a lot of obstacles slow her down either, as she can run up walls and cling onto ceilings and leap massive distances and the like.

This means that she's incredibly sneaky. It might be some sort of adept trick or she might be that good (or both!) But she has an amazing cat-like ability to move silently and not be seen or heard. This allows her to get into and out of places with ease, which is an incredibly useful ability to have. She can get a target and get out without anybody noticing, or hit a specific target before they know she's there.

I heard a story where she snuck into the personal quarters of a high-ranking Shirawase researcher inside their main Seattle arcology. She not only got in there, stole something and got out without anyone noticing, but she did so while he was asleep in the same room that she was breaking into. And it was guarded by a pair of Barghests. That's pretty damned impressive.

Apart from that I really can't think of much else to say about her, as she hasn't given me very much to go on and tends to keep to herself. I gather that she grew up in the Redmond Barrens and doesn’t have much in the way of formal training and education. Added to that, she lives somewhere crazy obscure and out of the way like a remote hidden basement of a derelict building or a cave or something.

The other thing I heard is that she was previously a part of another Runner team that self destructed in a messy way. There’s very little to say about it, but apparently she was collateral damage to its meltdown; not a cause of it and not a key part of it, but caught up in whatever happened. Again, she’s not talking and it’s probably not the sort of thing I should press on.

And, um... she uses a light pistol? And Rides a bicycle? Really, as I said, I don't know much about her and have kind of run out of things to say allready.


No comments:

Post a Comment