Tuesday 29 December 2015

Filler post is Filler

It's been a while, I know. I would say that I’ve been busy with Runs and stuff, but the truth is we've been on a bit of a break after the whole Pierce fiasco and the fallout from it. More than a little of that has been focused on what to do about that Reraku Johnson who was behind it all. We've come up with several plans, but most of them amount to 'snipe him while he's on the deck of his boat', 'blow his boat up with him on it' and 'snipe him while he's on the deck of his boat and then blow it up to be sure', but they all have common issues of getting the chance to kill him and also making sure that Renraku don’t come after us too. The good news is that they haven't taken a shot at us so far either, but while this guy is out there, it's hard to feel completely safe.

I also remain broken up with Alphonso. He's taken to asking his mechanic (Dave) to ask Freddie to ask me to call him. Not gonna work. You had your chance, chummer, and you blew it big time.

So we’ve been focusing on other things. Freddie's been making a billion-odd modifications to his Van, not the least of which is tuning it up so that it's much faster than the average Bulldog (Yeah loaded statement I know...). He’s also been tweaking his drones to make them more effective and a bit less prone to suddenly exploding. Finally, he's been working with Benny on getting back into practice on some of his combat skills that he let get rusty after the army.

Captain Cancer's been working on his magical repertoire, which is an interesting move given that he screwed it up in the first place by, you know, getting cancer and having to have his lungs replaced. Specifically he's actually getting into spirit summoning, which is an interesting step and not his usual MO of sneaky manipulation and absurd disguises. Still, if it works for him, who am I to argue? And, finally, just in case the magic doesn't work out, he bought himself a grenade launcher.

Neon's been doing... Nerd stuff. I don't know, really. Though she's also been keeping an eye on Pierce and making sure that he doesn't get out of his little cage.

Sadly, Wraith has been rather busy and not had much 'team' time of late. While our little attack on Council Island was a smashing success for us (nobody died, only three of us arrested and we wiped out the Bug cult after all), there's been a lot of political fallout from it amongst the Salish-Sidhe council. And because he was a big part of it, Wraith's wound up being caught in the resulting crapstorm. While I'm not privy to the details it's been keeping him on the shelf for the moment. That means we could end up minus our leader and tac guy.

Me, I've been busy with working my skills and practice. A big part of it is improving my B&E skills; I mean, I'm already pretty damned awesome at them, but a little more practice never goes astray. It always helps to be able to discretely get into or out of somewhere, and I don't want to be tripped up by a simple locked window again. Oh, and I also got some totally sweet programmable nanotats, so now I can change my pattern to whatever I want or give them a glow or whatever else comes to mind. Which, by the way, is awesome.

Back to it. Time to beat the crap out of stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment